Fayetteville Police Department
The Fayetteville Police Department is currently accepting lateral applications as well as applications from individuals with a BLET certificate. The Fayetteville Police Department will begin accepting applications from inexperienced candidates on August 4, 2014 through November 14, 2014 at 4:00 pm for a mid February 2015 Academy. Out of state laterals need two years of experience and no more than one year of separation from their last law enforcement employment. The Fayetteville Police Department will also provide compensation to candidates for prior service, up to 13 years of credible service. (Note: To be eligible for this compensation, experienced officers shall have no more than one (1) year of separation from previous Law Enforcement position)
In addition to this application period, the Fayetteville Police Department will hold Open House dates at the Police Training Center located at 671 N. Eastern Boulevard. The dates have been identified as August 25th, September 8th, September 22nd, October 6th, October 20th and November 3rd. On each date the public is invited to one of two time slots on each open house date, either at 10:00 AM or 6:30 PM. The FPD Recruitment Staff will discuss the application, the hiring process, qualifications and the police website in detail. The Open House is strongly recommended but not mandatory to interested applicants. FPD Staff will talk about what will be expected from the applicants, the documents needed to apply and the academy life.
Attendees need to be dressed in business casual attire. If you come wearing clothing that does not fit properly, shorts, short skirts, jeans, t-shirts, flip-flops, etc; you will be asked to exit the property. If you show up late you will not be let in and asked to leave.
Fayetteville is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. The following sites offer helpful information to help you make the move.
Fayetteville Police Department offers the following benefits...
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Education incentives
- In-house Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy (BLET)
- Uniforms and state of the art equipment provided
- Opportunities for Specialized assignments
- And much more...
We invite all interested candidates to schedule a ride-along with one of our patrol units to get a feel for what working with the Fayetteville Police Department is all about.
Process to Schedule Ride Alongs
- Visit the Fayetteville Police Department located at 467 Hay Street, between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm - Monday thru Friday.
- At that time, you will be required to provide a valid driver's license (any state, as long as it is valid) and fill out the Ride Along Request Form.
- After a background check is completed, the Internal Affairs Unit (IAU) will approve or disapprove the request, depending on the findings (no convicted felons will be authorized to participate in the program).
- Once approved, you will be contacted to schedule your Ride Along.
- Applicants are authorized to participate in the Program once, every six (6) months.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the Internal Affairs Unit at 910-433-1820
For questions regarding the Fayetteville Police Department’s application/hiring process or the training academy contact…
- Recruitment/Training Division:
- Detective Rick Barnhill
- Cathy Bell, Office Assistant
- City of Fayetteville Human Resources
- (910) 433-1842
- (910) 433-1903
- (910) 433-1635