Fayetteville Police Department
We are accepting lateral applications and applications from individuals with a BLET certificate. The Fayetteville Police Department is also accepting inexperienced applicants from January, 2013 through the end of April for 2013 Academy that begins in July. Out of state laterals need two years of experience and no more than one year of separation from their last law enforcement employment. Pay adjustment up to five years of law enforcement experience.
Fayetteville is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. The following sites offer helpful information to help you make the move.
Fayetteville Police Department offers the following benefits...
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Education incentives
- In-house Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy (BLET)
- Uniforms and state of the art equipment provided
- Opportunities for Specialized assignments
- And much more...
We invite all interested candidates to schedule a ride-along with one of our patrol units to get a feel for what working with the Fayetteville Police Department is all about.
Process to Schedule Ride Alongs
- Visit the Fayetteville Police Department located at 467 Hay Street, between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm - Monday thru Friday.
- At that time, you will be required to provide a valid driver's license (any state, as long as it is valid) and fill out the Ride Along Request Form.
- After a background check is completed, the Office of Professional Standards and Investigations (OPS) will approve or disapprove the request, depending on the findings (no convicted felons will be authorized to participate in the program).
- Once approved, you will be contacted to schedule your Ride Along.
- Applicants are authorized to participate in the Program once, every six (6) months.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the Office of Professional Standards at 910-433-1820
For questions regarding the Fayetteville Police Department’s application/hiring process or the training academy contact…
- Recruitment/Training Division
- Cathy Bell, Office Assistant
- City of Fayetteville Human Resources
- (910) 433-1902
- (910) 433-1903
- (910) 433-1635